PSDC Student Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Visit to http://psdcstudentcouncil.blogspot.com/

Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Louis
Admin
Louis

Number of posts : 56
Active Point : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection   Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:27 am

Due to the complains of the students, admin came out 2 choices for us:-

1. only allow online to check mail and find information
(ban youtube, download, and games)
*the connection speed will be faster, more students can connect to the line*

2. allow youtube download and games, but the speed will remain the same.
*limited students can connect to the line*
Back to top Go down
https://psdcstudentcouncil.forumotion.com
JeffLeong

Number of posts : 2
Active Point : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection   Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:53 pm

By the way, I'm tried to connect PSDC wifi but each time I get the connection are local ONLY which mean cannot get through internet.

If we choose 1, there are no difference between PSDC Wifi and library internet access.
For me option 1 provide the things I needed but how when I need to download some attachment from mail? For example, assignment project and other related document.

Second option which are the most perfect for all student in PSDC but limited students can connect to the internet? That mean no difference as last time.
Of course, as a student except study and study should be have some entertain right?
So the best solution is PSDC should provide the best internet access.
Back to top Go down
Louis
Admin
Louis

Number of posts : 56
Active Point : 58
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection   Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:42 pm

the download meant is like music download and mv download,
btw, the assignment file usually is a few kb n wont exceed 1mb, so i tink the mail download wont b ban.
Back to top Go down
https://psdcstudentcouncil.forumotion.com
YeongZung
Bronze Member

Number of posts : 22
Active Point : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection   Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:24 pm

well...
wat is the best internet connection can u suggest...??
PSDC is now using streamyx...
as u all know, streamyx connection is sux...
we also know tht the new internet connection had been launched which was the P1 Wimax...
which they so-called the fastest and the best internect connection now in Penang...
many users had complained on P1 Wimax...
the speed and etc etc are much more worst than the streamyx...
so wat we can do know is jus bare wif it...
hahaxx...^^
im hoping to get good internet connection in PSDC as well...^^
Back to top Go down
JeffLeong

Number of posts : 2
Active Point : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection   Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 pm

P1 wimax portable is the most stable and faster connection speed.
Reason why wimax are worst than streamyx is because wimax is a new product in Penang.
So only certain areas having wimax satellite tower, btw wimax are upgrading the satellite tower to let whole Penang areas have signal.
My friend subscribed P1 wimax packages Rm199 come with modem and speed 2.4Mbps. The speeds can reach up to 1.24 Mbps each him connect to internet. Compare with streamyx it was really stable than streamyx Packages 4.0Mbps. Haha..
I'm not sure which are the best and better choice. They have their own benefits la and depends on customer loh...

The only I can say is don't subscribed Maxis/Celcom broadband because its really unstable, alway disconnet and slower than TmNET although the packages come with 3.6Mbps.

For PSDC wifi.... I don know PSDC using what modem. As I know, subscribed streamxy packages 4.0Mbps Rm268 per month and the use D-Link DIR 300 G wireless router to provide wifi(approx. 15ppl connect the net). Besides, DIR 300(4port) can use to Lan Or Local Lan.
Second way might be work.... erm use Multiple Switch Device (D-Link DES-1024D 24-Port 10/100) which able to connet 24wireless router. Just assume... may not to be work. haha

If my assume is wrong pls dun blame me. hahah
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection   Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Needed! Wifi Connection
Page 1 of 1